Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Boycott News International and News Corps, it can be done.

Sent this to The Times today

Sir,

Unfortunately I will no longer be buying The Times due to your parent company's association with the News of the World and its actions by standing by Rebekah Brooks. I know this scandal is nothing to do with The Times and it is with a heavy heart I end my longstanding loyalty to your fine newspaper however I have no other way of protesting and voicing my utter disgust at this vile episode and the arrogance your parent company has displayed. If Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson didn't know about the phone hacking then they are two of the most incompetent people to ever grace your industry.

We shall see if anything comes back. I know it is slightly churlish and it wasn't anything to do with The Times but I have no other way to show my disgust at the actions of News Corps and News International both in the original phone hacking and their arrogant refusal to accept responsibilty for it now it's come to light.

What really makes me shudder is this tweet from Robert Peston : "News International execs tell me they fear there may have been worse examples of NOTW hacking than that of Milly Dowler's phone". Worse???

Alone my boycott of News International won't make much of a difference but ask any Scouser; these things can be done. The S*n is by far the most popular paper in the country yet on Merseyside you are as likely to see someone reading USA Today or L'Equipe. You can either meekly grumble about these things or vote with your feet. Scousers have stuck to the S*n boycott ever since Hillsborough. It can be done.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree wholeheartedly and am allready missing the crossword but it is a small price to pay to see the downfall of Mr. Murdoch. Please join us, Mick London

Sue, Dublin said...

I've been a Times reader for over 40 years, but have taken the decision no longer to buy it as long as it is part of Murdoch's stable.
Sue, Dublin

Anonymous said...

DIRECT ACTION NOW! send emails & tweets to B.N.Corp. Supporters. click link.

http://stoppressabuse.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

I still have a contract with Sky. Unfortunately, it has, with the connivance of successive governments, been allowed to take ownership of the main sporting events in this country e.g Premier League soccer, cricket (Test matches, T20, etc), a lot of rugby, etc.
I do not buy any of Murdoch's newspapers, or books published by Harper Collins. I long for the day when I can buy sports coverage elsewhere.