Wednesday, January 23, 2008

WEIR & UNSY BACK BLUES

WEIR & UNSY BACK BLUES

Former Everton stars David Weir and David Unsworth have sent good luck messages ahead of the Carling Cup semi-final.

The Toffees take on Chelsea at Goodison Park on Wednesday evening and the two ex-stalwarts are right behind their old colleagues.

"It will be a great occasion with hopefully the right result," said Weir.

"I will be involved in Rangers' match with East Stirling but I will be chasing the Everton result as soon as the final whistle goes.

"I was at Finch Farm recently to see the lads and I was pleased to see that the old Bellefield spirit has been carried to the new place. They are a terrific set of lads and I would love it if they could turn Chelsea over and reach Wembley.

"My sincere best wishes go to you all and I hope the fans get what they deserve...a truly memorable night and a place in the final."

"Unsworth, who was a member of the last Everton team to play in a cup semi-final, the FA Cup in 1995, is also keeping his fingers crossed for a home win by the right score.

'I would love to be there because I just know from first-hand experience what Goodison is going to be like,' he said.

'There is nothing like it when it's rammed full and rocking. I well recall THAT Wimbledon game when the atmosphere was unbelievable...and the place only had three sides!'

'And Evertonians still speak to me about our semi-final win in 95. We knew how much it meant to the fans and I know that the current set of lads do as well.'"


Great to hear from two of my favourite players before tonight...I am dreading and looking forward to the game in equal measure.

No comments: